The OSCAR Help Desk has posted a great blog post with screenshots to help you find which federal judges are advertising open positions. Also, check out this post for working with your recommenders, as those letters start coming in. Good luck with your applications and please do reach out to Alisa Rosales at LCS if you have any questions.
June 27, 2012
The following government programs have 3L deadlines coming up in the next few weeks. Details of these programs are provided in the 2011-12 Government Honors & Internship Handbook, the password located on the Symplicity Homepage
· Environmental Protection Agency – Office of General Counsel Honors Fellowship Program (Paid, Deadline 07/13/12)
The following government programs have 2L deadlines coming up in the next few weeks. Details of these programs are provided in the 2011-12 Government Honors & Internship Handbook, password located via the Symplicity Homepage.
• Department of Commerce – Office of Chief Counsel for International Commerce Volunteer Law Internship Program (Unpaid, Deadline 06/29/12)
• Commission on International Religious Freedom – Volunteer Internship Programs (Unpaid, Deadline 07/01/12)
• Health & Human Services – Departmental Appeals Board, Volunteer Internship/Externship Program (Unpaid, Deadline not yet established was 07/01/11)
• Environmental Protection Agency – R9 Volunteer Intern Program (Unpaid, Deadline 07/15/12)
• Office of the Governor Texas – Texas Governor’s Fellowship Program (Unpaid, Deadline 07/15/12)
• Environmental Protection Agency – Office of Enforcement & Compliance Assurance, Law Clerk & Intern Program (Paid & Unpaid, Deadline 07/20/12)
• International Trade Administration – Volunteer Internship Program (Unpaid, Deadline 07/30/12)
• Commission on Security & Cooperation in Europe – U.S. Helsinki Commission Internship Program (Unpaid, Deadline 07/31/12)
• Department of State – Student Internship Program (Paid & Unpaid, Deadline 07/1/12)
Programs with “Rolling Deadlines” review applications and fill positions on an ongoing basis, so apply early for these programs.
CBF Pro Bono Support Program
Pro bono programs in and around Chicago have a variety of opportunities for you to help, and the CBF is available to help you find a pro bono opportunity that fits your skills, interests and availability. The CBF Pro Bono Opportunities Guide is designed to help you find a pro bono program that fits your needs. For a hard copy of the Guide or for more information on pro bono opportunities, contact CBF Pro Bono Director Kelly Tautges at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.chicagobarfoundation.org.
Support Lifting to Lend-A-Hand
On Saturday, July 28, 2012, Dan Cotter, Incoming CBA Second Vice President, will participate in an amateur power lifting competition to raise money for Lawyers Lend-A-Hand to Youth and its mentoring programs. This summer marks the tenth year of Lifting to Lend-A-Hand. Donations can
June 26, 2012
Franchising and Effective ADR (1.5 PR Credit)
June 26/12:00-1:30 p.m./$60 Member/$100 Nonmember/$30 Gov't Member
June 26/1:45-2:45 p.m./$0 Member/$50 Nonmember
June 25, 2012
Alliance for Women Networking Event - June 27
The Alliance is hosting a joint event with the Illinois CPA Society's Women's Initiatives Task Force to bring together female attorneys and accountants in the Chicago area to mingle and learn what we can offer one another from our positions in not-so-different professions. Event takes place on